Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Director of Finance & Office Administration
FLSA Status: Hourly; Non-Exempt
Position Summary/Objective: This position is a part-time, in office administrative position that supports the entire agency, and is on-site at our West Chester office location. The Office Assistant plays a key role in all our valued partner’s business experience. This position is the first impression of our organization to our stakeholders – clients, co-workers, community, carriers, vendors, and agency guests. The Office Manager also maintains front desk responsibilities, including but not limited to: phone system, mail, supply room, kitchen, conference rooms, and agency office supplies. This position also acts as a support/processing role to all departments. Professional demeanor and business casual attire are required. Benefits package included, adjusted for part-time hours.
To Apply: Submit your resume by Wednesday, November 23rd to email@example.com.
Please include Office Assistant in the subject line.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at RiskSOURCE:
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Agency-wide Support
- Support all departments as needed
- Personalized greeting on lobby monitor for agency visitors
- Accept payments made at office, providing receipt in Applied Epic and forwarding payment to Billing Specialist
- Special projects as assigned
- Front Desk
- Phone System
- Direct general voicemail inbox messages to appropriate team member as received
- Record messages for holidays and agency meetings
- Maintain flow of incoming and outgoing correspondence (all types)
- Collect mail at the post office (Sharonville Branch), the street mailbox, and payment drop box twice weekly (Monday & Thursday)
- Open, date stamp, sort, and route incoming mail to team
- Prepare outgoing mail and drop at the mailbox at the end of each business day
- Agency mailing via specialty carriers (UPS/Fed Ex/SafeShip)
- Handle mailing requests from remote team members
- Direct incoming email correspondence to appropriate team member
- Manage firstname.lastname@example.org email
- Respond to client’s needs attentively and courteously
- Greet visitors to the agency and direct them to their correct destination
- Phone System
- Office Coordinator
- Maintain office appearance
- Maintenance of agency equipment, including service and supplies needed to keep operational (excluding computers/monitors)
- Manage and organize office supply inventory
- Manage greeting card circulation and mailing
- Manage agency extension and team contacts
- Maintain agency team directory
- Daily activity management
- Incoming/outgoing correspondence
- Professional development (webinars)
- Routine audits (included in dashboard)
- Agency equipment and supplies
- Office appearance
- Receptiveness to constructive criticism as recognized by management
- Adhere to agency service standards
- Monthly inventory of office supplies
- High School Diploma required
- Property/Casualty Insurance License a plus
- 2 years client service experience desired – insurance services industry a plus
- Written communication skills – writing must be concise, organized, and clear.
- Verbal communication skills – convey ideas clearly and with confidence.
- Aptitude for necessary computer programs.
- Possess organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to handle rapidly changing situations.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to interact with management, associates, and visitors of the agency.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and engage in finger manipulation, simple grasping, and wrist twisting activities.
- Ability to transport or carry objects ranging from 10-35 pounds approximately 100 feet.
- Ability to extend hands/arms in a motion ranging from below the knees to above the shoulders.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to perform arithmetic operations with the use of a calculator.
- This is an office-based position and associates will be in either a seated or standing position for most of their workday at a desk or table. This is a sedentary role.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access resources.
- Constantly using hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment (copy machine, label machine, etc.)
- Work takes place in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
This position description is not intended to include all possible position responsibilities. All employees of RiskSOURCE Clark-Theders may be required to perform duties other than those listed in a position description.