A top concern of any good fleet manager is the safety of drivers and passengers. This is why a GPS Fleet Tracking system can help you curb dangerous practices such as speeding and hard braking. Using telematics will show you when and where your drivers are engaging in dangerous practices. Here’s some of the benefits you can experience using telematics:
- Reduce operational costs—Telematics software can help keep drivers updated on upcoming traffic concerns or road hazards, offer rerouting options and locate preferred gas stations—all of which can contribute to improved fuel efficiency and reduced operational costs.
- Encourage safe driving—Telematics allows employees to better monitor their individual driving habits and detect flaws that they might not have realized otherwise.
- Bolster fleet security—Employers can utilize telematics tracking to detect the location and route of any stolen vehicles, simplifying the vehicle recovery process.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance—Telematics software can detect a wide range of vehicle breakdown or maintenance problems, such as engine issues or diagnostic concerns.
- Reduce administrative costs—Telematics allows employers to digitize records that would otherwise have to be maintained manually, which can be a time-consuming process.
By implementing certain programs, you may be eligible for insurance premium or program pricing benefits for your participation. For additional insurance and loss control guidance, contact RiskSOURCE Clark-Theders today.
Client Relations Manager